Information We Collect
We may collect personal information from our users, including but not limited to:
- email address
- phone number
- billing information
We may also collect non-personal information such as
- browser type
- IP address
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal data from our users when our users provide it to us, such as when they sign up for our services, contact us with inquiries, or visit our website.
How We Use Information
We may use personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide products or services: We may use personal information to provide our products or services to our customers such as creating quotes for products or services, delivering products or services or providing customer support.
- To improve products or services: We may use personal information to understand how our customers use our products or services and to identify areas for improvement. This can lead to better product or service offerings and a more positive customer experience.
- To process payments: We may use personal information such as contact information and banking information to process payments.
- To personalize experiences: We may use personal information such as browsing history or purchase history to tailor experiences to individual users, such as providing personalized product or service recommendations.
- To communicate with customers: We may use your personal information to communicate with you about products or services, such as providing updates or promotions, or responding to inquiries.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements: We may use your personal information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, such as tax or financial reporting obligations, or data retention requirements.
We may use non-personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve website or application performance: We may use non-personal information such as browser type, device type, and operating system to help our website or application developers optimize our website’s performance and user experience.
- To analyze user behavior: We may use non-personal information to help us understand how our users interact with our website or application, what pages or features are most popular, and where users drop off or exit the site. This information can help our businesses identify areas for improvement and make data-driven decisions.
- To conduct market research: We may use non-personal information to study our customer and prospective customer behavior, trends, and preferences across different demographic groups. This information can help us better understand our target audience and improve our products or services.
- To prevent fraud and abuse: We may use non-personal information such as IP addresses and device fingerprints can be used to detect and prevent fraudulent activity, such as bots or fake accounts.
We do not share personal information with third-parties except as necessary to:
- process or complete your orders for products or services,
- deliver products or services,
- conduct marketing campaigns
- comply with legal or regulatory requirements
We may also share personal information with law enforcement agencies if required by applicable law to do so.
We will not sell or rent personal information to third parties without the user’s consent.
We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide our services and as required by applicable law or regulatory requirements.
We take reasonable measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration. We use encryption, firewalls, and regular security audits to protect personal information.
What are cookies?
When you first navigate to a Colohouse website, you will be given the opportunity to consent to certain cookies used by us, based on the purposes for which those cookies are used. Please note that some cookies—known as “strictly necessary” cookies—are essential in order for the website to function properly, and it is not possible to refuse these cookies.
You can also set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie or you may choose to block cookies with your browser. Please know, though, that if you choose to delete or block your cookies, you will lose the ability to save certain preferences, such as your username and password. If you delete or block your cookies, you will, for example, need to re-enter your log-in credentials to gain access to certain parts of our website upon each visit.
Types of Cookies We Use
We use different types of cookies on our website, including:
Essential cookies: These cookies are necessary for the functioning of our website and enable basic features such as login and authentication.
Performance and analytics cookies: These cookies help us understand how our website is being used and how we can improve it. They collect information about your browsing behavior, such as the pages you visit and the links you click.
Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to display relevant advertisements to you based on your browsing behavior on our website and other websites you have visited. They may also be used by third-party advertisers and ad networks to display advertisements that are more relevant to your interests.
Managing your cookie preferences
You can manage your cookie preferences and opt-out of certain types of cookies by changing your browser settings or using third-party tools. However, please note that disabling certain cookies may impact your experience on our website, and some features may not be available to you.
We may also use third-party cookies on our website, such as cookies from social media plugins and advertising networks. These cookies are subject to the privacy policies of the respective third-party providers.
Cross-Border Transfer of Personal Data
Our website operates globally, which means that we may transfer your personal data to countries outside of your own. Such countries may have data protection laws that are different from those in your home country.
When we transfer your personal data to another country, we take measures to ensure that your data is protected in accordance with applicable data protection laws. These measures may include:
- Obtaining your consent for the transfer;
- Entering into standard contractual clauses with the recipient of the data;
- Ensuring that the recipient is certified under an approved data protection scheme, such as the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield;
- Ensuring that the recipient is located in a country that has been deemed to provide an adequate level of data protection by the European Commission or other relevant authority;
- Implementing other appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data.
By using our website and providing us with your personal data, you consent to the transfer of your data to other countries as described in this section.
We process your Personal Data for, or based on, one or more of the following legal bases:
- Your Consent. When you opt-in to receive our marketing and promotional materials, we process your Personal Data to send messages to you about us and the products and services we offer. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Performance of a Contract. We may use your Personal Data to enter into, or perform under, the agreement between us and you or the business with which you are associated.
- Legitimate Interests. We may use your Personal Data for our legitimate interests, including improving our services; providing information about our products and/or services; preventing and detecting fraud; ensuring network and information security; and for administrative and legal compliance purposes.
- Compliance with Legal Obligations and Protection of Individuals. We may use your Personal Data to comply with the law and our legal obligations, as well as to protect you and other individuals from certain harms.
Users have the right to access, correct, or delete their personal information. Users may also opt-out of marketing communications at any time.
Updated: June 2023